2014 Sno*Drift Rally: Day Two Updates
Subaru Rally Team USA took over the lead from Rockstar Energy Drink Rally Team's Antoine L'Estage at the end of the first day of Sno*Drift Rally by 26 seconds. Higgins experienced some overheating problems early on, and L'Estage suffered a tire puncture on stage 5 to give up 32 seconds to Higgins. L'Estage still held on to slight lead, but the night stages separated the top two competitors. With a full day of rally left both Higgins and L'Estage are still locked in a tight battle over icy conditions that can change the story in an instant.
Super Production's Lauchlin O'Sullivan leads the class while maintaining third overall, and 2WD's Matthew Johnson holds a large lead in his Scion xD.
VIDEO SNO*DRIFT RALLY DAY ONE ACTION HIGHLIGHTS
- Subaru Rally team USA explains their day two situation at the Atlanta, MI Parc Expose.
- Top three after Stage 12: David Higgins, Antoine L'Estage +:44.3, Lauchlin O'Sullivan +7:00.2. SRT USA's David Higgins adds more distance to his lead over Antoine L'Estage.
- There is a familiar car at the Sno*Drift National Rally currently 5th overall, but a pair of new faces behind the wheel. Meet Canadian Rally Championship drivers Alex Geland and Lyne Murphy in their first Rally America event.
- Subaru Rally Team USA's David Higgins and Craig Drew entered the second service of Sno*Drift without any reported problems. The team has one more leg before the end of the rally. Remember, Higgins lost last year's Sno*Drift on the last stage to Antoine L'Estage.
- Top three after Stage 16: David Higgins, Antoine L'Estage +:58.6, Lauchlin O'Sulllivan +8:56.7. Both David Higgins and Antoine L'Estage had clean 2nd leg, ready for final leg.
- After a tough 2013 Rally America season, Lauchlin O'Sullivan is pleased to be in the Super Production lead and third overall at the start of the second day of Sno*Drift.
- Top three Super Production after Stage 12: Lauchlin O'Sullivan, Dillon Van Way +1:49.0, Nick Roberts +3:57.4. Lauchlin O'Sullivan is also 3rd overall.
- Top three Super Production after Stage 16: Lauchlin O'Sullivan, Dillon Van Way +0:07.6, Nick Roberts +3:53.2. Dillon Van Way makes huge improvements in the second leg to be just seconds from O'Sullivan place. Last leg coming up!
- Driver and Honda Engineer, James Robinson, is missing a Honda Fit bumper. He leads the B-SPEC class at the start of Sno*Drift day two.
- Top 2WD three after Stage 12: Matthew Johnson, Troy Miller +7:04.2, Panos Karpidos +17:32.0. Scion Racing Rally xD's Matthew Johnson adds more time to his 2WD lead.
- B-SPEC driver, Tracy Gardiner, had a suspected mechanical problem, and stuck on transit between SS11 & SS12.
- Top 2WD three after Stage 16: Matthew Johnson, Troy Miller +10:68.0, Panos Karpidos +22:02.5.
- Matthew Johnson hasn't been in the rally driver's seat for 4 years. In his first event since returning, Johnson is 4 stages away from 2WD victory.
- Troy Miller is in 2WD second place in just his first national event! Learn more about this rally newcomer and his quest for the 2014 Rookie of the Year award.
DRIFT REGIONAL RALLY
- After winning yesterday's Sno Regional Rally, Erik Zenz and Dustin Masters barely leads the Drift Regional Rally. Jon Kramer and Jared Lantzy in 2nd place +0:00.5, and Jaroslaw Sozanski and Ben Slocum in 3rd place +:24.1.
- Top three after Stage 16 for Drift Regional Rally; Erik Zenz, Jaroslaw Sozanski +:31.2, Jon Kramer +:34.3. The tightest battle is taking place in the Drift Regional Rally! 4 stages to go.
Photo: Alex Haugen