Bottom view of clock
click to enlarge
- Flip power switch to “ON”.
- All clock hands will move to the 12 o’clock position.
- Using the “HOURS” and “MINUTES” switches
on the bottom of the clock, set the desired time. To advance the time, use
“+”, to go backwards “-“.
- Referring to a clock previously set to Coordinated Universal Time,
press the “SYNCHRO” button at the top of the desired minute. The
clock will begin keeping time.
Start / Stop countdown timer:
- Verify that the countdown interval dials are set at: “Minutes:
1” and “Seconds: 0”.
- Start the 30-second countdown timer by pressing the green “START”
button when the second hand of the clock is between 3 and 6 on the clock face.
The clock will begin its countdown 30 seconds before the next minute.
- Do not try to readjust the countdown interval for the 2 minute
start times at the beginning of the field, simply have a worker stand in front
of the clock for the gap minute.
- Stop the 30-second countdown timer by pressing and holding the
red “STOP” button.
- Once the countdown timer has been activated, the clock emits a
beep at 10 seconds prior to the minute and each second for the last five,
changing pitch at zero. Adjust the volume with the “AUDIO VOLUME”
knob. (This is at your discretion. The contestants cannot reliably hear the
tones in the car but hearing them may assist you in identifying a car that
has jumped the start.)
- Turning the “AUDIO VOLUME” knob all the way down will
turn the beeps off.
Using the clock:
- Screw on tripod and extend legs fully. It should withstand wind
gusts up to 40 mph.
- Position the clock 3-5 feet after the timing line, usually on the
right side of the road. The terrain at your control location may dictate somewhere
else; this is just a recommendation. Be sure the clock is visible to the contestants
when they’re at the start line.
- After dark, slide the light onto the flexible pole provided and
clamp the apparatus to the tripod. Press the gray switch on the back of the
light and focus on the clock face.
- The light may be removed by pressing the small black button on
the side of the clip.
Problems or Questions:
Contact Beryl Ann or Bruce, at 612-529-6821 (non event) or during the event,
612-750-5039 or through the radio net.
Copyright © 2003 Rally America Inc.